Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday's Minutes:

1. This weekend was so relaxing. Helen, GA was beautiful even though it rained A LOT! We didn't do anything we planned on doing...anything! The boys sat around the fire outside most of the time and we sat inside in our pjs. The only time we left was to go the grocery store and to get pedicures. It was the perfect relaxing weekend to spend with great friends and tons of yummy food.

2. Last night we rushed back for a young adult cookout with our church friends and we had such a great time. We met so many more couples our age and we are so thankful for that. When we first started going to Wesley Monumental we were worried it was such an old Savannah church that we would never find young people to get involved with. We were so wrong...thank goodness. Jim loves his Bible Study on Tuesday mornings and I'm starting my Women's Circle November 10th. Couldn't be more thrilled.

3. My friends from home started a weekly email update where one girl, Jenna, sends out an email with whats going on in her life and we all respond doing the same. We should've done this years ago. It is going to be a great way to keep in touch. I am the world's worst about calling people!

4. Jim and I have paid off all our credit cards (we only had 2 small ones but still!). What a wonderful feeling!!!!! He cut them up this morning and we will NEVER open one again. Well, I hope we never have to.

5. Tonight I have a Junior League meeting and then a group of us girls are going out to get dinner/drinks afterwards. Jim is going to a friends house to watch some football game. Falcons maybe?

6. Jim's about to come to my office to eat lunch with me. Busy busy day at the office!

Happy Monday!!!

5 comments:

  1. I used to always get a laugh out of saying Helen, GA when I was little.

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for paying off credit cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting up credit cards (after paying them off) is the best feeling in the world!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the email idea you and your friends are doing! It's so hard to keep in touch with everyone after college, and I'm so bad at it, especially having a toddler now. I am the queen of not answering and not calling back because I just forget!

    Congrats on your credit cards - definitely an awesome feeling! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your update...glad you are doing great! and had a wonderful weekend ; )

    ReplyDelete